For the Organizational Communication Plan assessment you will create a 2-3-page executive summary that outlines an analysis of patient satisfaction data and puts forth a communication plan to improve organizational performance and improve patient satisfaction.
Upon completion of the strategic planning process, further strategic thinking is required to determine how to achieve the goals identified. Implementation of the strategy requires setting objectives, and development of plans and budgets that translate into specific action plans (Ginter, Duncan, & Swayne, 2013). Action plans must be developed to link the department or organizational unit, such as surgical unit, human resources, to the overall strategy (Ginter, Duncan, & Swayne, 2013).
The value chains within health care organizations are comprised of those departments or components that create value and ultimately a competitive advantage for the organization (Ginter, Duncan, & Swayne, 2013). Innovation in the health care industry will change the way in which clinical care is delivered. New business models will develop in response to patient demands (Davey, Brennan, & McAdam, 2010). The inability to respond to the demand for innovative health care and new business models will result in the organization losing their competitive advantage. Justifying the need for a new business model requires the organization to understand the needs of the market in which they deliver services (Davey, Brennan, Meenan, & McAdam, 2010).
Davey, S. M., Brennan, M., Meenan, B. J., & McAdam, R. (2010). The health of innovation: Why open business models can benefit the healthcare sector. Irish Journal of Management, 30(1), 21–40.
Ginter, P. M., Duncan, W. J., & Swayne, L. E. (2013). The strategic management of health care organizations (7th ed.). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
Demonstration of Proficiency
· Competency 1: Apply theories and best practice in strategic leadership to drive improvements for health care systems.
. Describe the key stakeholders and the importance of addressing their needs.
· Competency 2: Apply theories and best practices in human resource and workforce management to solve organizational issues in health care systems.
. Analyze operational issues.
. Recommend current best practices to improve processes and solve operational issues.
· Competency 3: Analyze the components of high performance teams to enable the achievement of the departmental strategic vision.
. Describe effective communication strategies a leader may choose to employ when communicating the strategic vision of the organization to key stakeholders.
· Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others and is consistent with health care professionals.
. Demonstrate effective communication through writing and proper use of APA style.
. Communicate in a professional and effective manner by writing content clearly and logically, with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
For this assessment, assume you are employed as a strategic planner with Metropolitan Health. Mission and vision are important to the strategic planning process of a health care organization.
For this assessment, consider the following mission and vision statement.
· Mission: Metropolitan Health’s mission is to be the leading provider of the highest quality health care through education, research, and clinical practice.
· Vision: To be the most trusted health care provider of choice for patients of the Sunrise region.
You have been asked to review the most recent patient survey data and develop an executive summary that addresses the data and develops a plan for improvement.
You interpret the data and find that the data from the previous twelve months of patient satisfaction surveys at Metropolitan Health indicate patients are dissatisfied with their overall patient experience. Areas identified as leading causes for dissatisfaction are related to the following:
· The inability to ask their provider questions.
· Difficulty in making appointments.
· The lack of courtesy and respect from staff.
Note: Eighty-five percent of the patients who completed the survey have been seeking services from Metropolitan Health for over three years. Sixty percent said they are not likely to recommend the facility to their friends and family.
Now that you understand the data stated points, develop your executive summary that presents the following to the executive team:
· Analyze operational issues (that is, analyze the data).
. Where does the data for this scenario come from?
. If available, what other data sources would you like to consult for your analysis?
· How can this data be used to analyze operational issues for Metropolitan Health?
. What areas, or themes emerge as the main issues from the data?
· How might these issues negatively impact Metropolitan Health if not addressed?
· Recommend current best practices to improve processes and solve operational issues.
· Compare and contrast best practices for improving patient satisfaction.
· Make recommendations on improving communication and reducing knowledge gaps between staff and patients.
· Describe the key stakeholders and the importance of addressing their needs.
· Describe who the stakeholders are.
· Discuss implications of not communicating to stakeholders.
· Describe effective strategies for communicating the strategic vision of the organization to key stakeholders.
· Justify the need for the communication plan.
· Describe the approaches and tools for a health communication plan incorporates the mission and vision.
· Describe how the communication plan will be evaluated.
· Structure: Assessment should be formatted as an executive summary. It is suggested that you make use of the following template:
Executive Summary Template [DOCX]
· Length: 2–3 pages (not including the reference page).
· References: Cite at least three current scholarly or professional resources.
· Format: Use APA style for references and citations.
. You may wish to refer to the following APA resources to help with your structure, formatting, and style:
APA Style and Format
APA Style Paper Tutorial [DOCX]
APA Style Paper Template [DOCX]
· Font: Times New Roman font, 12 point, double-spaced.
|Communication Executive Summary|
>Analysis of the data:
Where does the data for this scenario come from?
If available, what other data sources would you like to consult for your analysis?
How can this data be used to analyze operational issues for Metropolitan Health?
What areas, or themes, emerge as the main issues from the data?
How might these issues negatively impact Metropolitan Health if not addressed?
Compare and contrast best practices for improving patient satisfaction.
Make recommendations on improving communication and reducing knowledge gaps between staff and patients.
Describe who the stakeholders are.
Discuss implications of not communicating to stakeholders.
Justify the need for the communication plan.
Describe the approaches and tools for a health communication plan that incorporates the mission and vision.
Explain how to evaluate the communication plan.
Summarize the plan for the executive team.
Cite all references using APA format.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more
Our specialists are always online to help you! We are available 24/7 via live chat, WhatsApp, and phone to answer questions, correct mistakes, or just address your academic fears.See our T&Cs