For this assignment, synthesize theory, research, and best practices to determine effective supervisor and leadership skills, then evaluate yourself as a supervisor and leader.
Be sure to familiarize yourself with all the aspects of the assignment. Complete the paper using the sections of content identified below. Use your text, previous readings in the course, and additional scholarly articles. Also use the NASW Code of Ethics, the NASW and ASWB Best Practice Standards in Social Work Supervision, and the NASW Standards and Indicators for Cultural Competency in Social Work Practice as you prepare the paper. Synthesize these resources into each section, as needed, to formulate your understanding of best practices in leadership and supervision. The last section completes the paper with a self-reflection of your current level of leadership and supervision skills. Be sure to satisfy the additional requirements as you complete the paper.
Select the important aspects of leadership and supervision, from your research, that you want to use in designing best practices in supervision and leadership.
Identify the qualities of a successful supervisor and leader based on theories of human behavior.
· Research leadership and supervision skills and qualities based on theories of human behavior. Think in terms of theoretical bases that contribute to the success of social work supervisors. What are the qualities and skills that help a supervisor with their day-to-day duties? What are the qualities and skills that help with higher-level planning for an organization? Identify the theory(ies) of human behavior you select to align best with these supervisor and leader skills.
Apply transformational leadership theory and other leadership theories, such as critical or conflict theory, to inform best practice.
· Identify the aspects of transformational leadership theory and critical or conflict theory that you see as most important in establishing leadership and supervision best practices.
· In this section, also identify the components from NASW Code of Ethics, the NASW and ASWB Best Practice Standards in Social Work Supervision, and the NASW Standards and Indicators for Cultural Competency in Social Work Practice that you want to include in your synthesis of best practices in supervision and leadership.
Create a summary of best practices in leadership and supervision that integrates leadership theories including
transformational and critical theories and includes culturally competent practice.
· Synthesize the research content that you identified in Section 1 into the categories below to inform the model of best practices that you create.
. Developing effective organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
. Managing time and tasks effectively.
. Managing different personalities and conflicts, hiring, performance evaluation, disciplinary action, and termination.
. Maintaining ethics, confidentiality, and liability.
. Practicing professional development, self-care, personal reflection, and self-correction.
. Developing and managing an effective culturally competent practice including organizational culture and environment.
Identify collaborative leadership skills to train supervisees in the effective use of technology in the delivery of social services.
· In Section 3, continue to use the research that you identified in Section 1 to identify the best practices of a collaborative leader in training supervisees in the effective use of technology.
Reflect on personal strengths and challenges related to social work leadership and supervision best practices.
· Conduct a thorough yet concise self-reflection related to the best practices you designed in Section 3. What are your areas of strength? What areas do you find challenging? Be specific in your analysis and use examples.
Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards. Include a title page, reference page, headers, and appendices as applicable. Reference any appendices as needed within your paper.
Minimum of five scholarly sources. All literature cited should be current, with publication dates within the past five years.
Minimum of 7 double-spaced pages.
Times New Romans font, size 12
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more
Our specialists are always online to help you! We are available 24/7 via live chat, WhatsApp, and phone to answer questions, correct mistakes, or just address your academic fears.See our T&Cs