Write an executive summary (1-2 pages) for senior leaders that highlights key information about the proposed health care information review of the quality of care given to a specific population. Detail the proposed implementation steps and associated time frames in a Gantt chart (1-page chart).
As the office manager of your physician group, you realize that obtaining funding for your proposal will require the approval of the physician group’s senior leaders. You and the others helping you implement the proposal will need the details your proposal contains. From experience, however, you have learned the senior leaders will not take the time to review all the details. For them to approve your proposal, they simply want the highlights of what you plan to do, a brief explanation of how it will identify the quality of patient care, and the amount of time it will take to complete the study. In this final assessment, you will prepare a summary report for the senior leaders of your physician group. Your summary report is an abbreviated version of your proposal.
Please carefully review this assessment’s scoring guide to better understand the performance levels relating to each criterion on which you will be evaluated.
Download and use the
. You will complete this assessment by replacing all italicized instructional text with your own words.
· State your proposal’s big idea in the Overview.
· Explain the information you plan to collect and the reasons why it is important to collect it.
· Describe how this information could validate the quality of care delivered by your facility.
Note: Your Overview needs to be shorter than the Introduction from your proposal. Remember the entire narrative portion of your Summary Report needs to be less than two pages. You will have an additional page for your Gantt chart.
Key Study Components
· Include a subheading labeled, Data Collection Plan.
. Distill down into 1–2 sentences the most important information about your implementation plan and the information you plan to collect at your facility.
· Include a subheading labeled, Data Security Plan.
. Highlight in 1–2 sentences the most important information about your plan to ensure data security that your senior leaders need to know.
· Include a subheading labeled, Benchmarking Plan.
. Provide a 1–2-sentence overview about the best practices (benchmarks that will be used) and procedures your study will use to ensure the data you collect meets standards for interoperability with an HIE.
· Include a subheading labeled, Quality and Change Management Strategies.
. Summarize in 1–2 sentences how your plan incorporates quality and change management strategies.
· State how your proposed study will improve the quality of patient care delivered by your physician group. Your Conclusion needs to be one paragraph of no more than five or six sentences.
· List one reference in APA format to benefit your senior leaders.
Include with your Summary Report a one-page Gantt chart that specifies the major steps in your implementation plan and the time frame associated with each step. Microsoft Excel is one tool you can use to create your chart. Your suggested readings supply additional information about how to create a Gantt chart in Excel. Please feel free to use other tools. The only requirement is that your Gantt chart specify the major steps in your implementation plan and the time frame associated with each step.
· Written communication: Your executive summary must be concise, clear, and well organized, with correct spelling, grammar, and syntax, to support orderly exposition of content. Use the Summary Report Template.
· Assessment Title: You may devise your own title of 5–15 words for the executive summary or use Summary Report – Health Care Information Review. Enter the other required information specified on the template.
· References: Specify one peer-reviewed reference that will benefit your senior leaders in the appropriate space on your template. Your reference should conform to APA formatting.
· Length: 1–2 typed, single-spaced pages. The narrative portion of your summary report should be preferably one page; it should not exceed two pages. You will have an additional page containing your Gantt chart.
· Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and scoring guide criteria:
· Competency 1: Determine stages of the information lifecycle embedded within health information management technology functions.
. Create a Gantt chart detailing the steps and time frames for study implementation.
· Competency 2: Apply laws governing health information confidentiality, privacy, and security.
. Describe how the plan will implement data security measures.
· Competency 3: Assess system applications used to operationalize health information.
. Explain rationale for proposed health care information review study.
. Specify what information will be collected and from which applications.
. Summarize how the proposed study will improve the quality of care delivered by the physician group.
· Competency 4: Determine how a health information exchange (HIE) or other external health care databases affect the management of patient data, clinical knowledge, and population data.
. Design evidence-based best practices to ensure data meet interoperability standards with an HIE.
· Competency 5: Apply quality and change management concepts to health care information management.
. Incorporate evidence-based quality and change management strategies.
· Competency 6: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others, and is consistent with the expectations for healthcare professionals.
. Write clearly, with correct spelling, grammar, and syntax, and good organization.
. Apply proper APA formatting and style to citations and references.
Capella University: BHA-FPX4
06: Introduction to Managing Health Care Information
Title of Assessment or Your Title for it
State the big idea of your proposal in this section. Explain the information you plan to collect and the reasons why it is important to collect it. How could this information validate or improve the quality of care delivered by your facility? Your Overview needs to be shorter that the Introduction in your proposal. Remember the entire narrative portion of your Summary Report should be a maximum of two pages. You will have an additional page for your Gantt chart.
Key Study Components
In this section bullet point the most important data you plan to collect for each of the subheadings in your proposal:
Data Collection Plan—Distill down into one or two sentences the most important information about your implementation plan and the information you plan to collect at your facility.
Data Security Plan—Highlight in one to two sentences the most important information about your plan to ensure data security.
Benchmarking Plan—Provide a one to two sentence overview about the best practices and procedures your study will use to ensure the data you collect meets standards for interoperability with an HIE.
Quality and Change Management Strategies—Summarize in one to two sentences how your plan incorporates evidence-based quality and change management strategies.
This is where you state, in no more than one paragraph of five to six sentences, how your proposed study will improve the quality of patient care delivered by your physician group.
List at least one reference in APA format to benefit your senior leaders.
Your attached Gantt chart will provide an overview of the steps you will take to implement your study and the expected timeframes for each step.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more
Our specialists are always online to help you! We are available 24/7 via live chat, WhatsApp, and phone to answer questions, correct mistakes, or just address your academic fears.See our T&Cs