In the first class you completed a creative self-assessment. Its design was informed by the Runco Ideational Behavior Scale, which you can learn a little more about in this week’s reading “Defining Creativity Through Assessment.” You completed the self-assessment for two reasons, 1) to reflect upon your personal creativity with the goal of identify potential strengths, areas for improvement, and motivations; and 2) to learn a little more about how scholars conceptualize, measure, and study creativity.
Unlike the Runco Ideational Behavior Scale, the self-assessment designed for this course has not undergone rigorous peer review. In other words, the results are not super-rigorous but they do provide a helpful starting point for reflecting upon your creativity and how to improve. The self-assessment designed for this course targets 7 areas related to personal creativity that we’ll continue to explore throughout the semester: originality, fluency, flexibility, play, life-long learning, openness, and confidence.
This report summarizes the output of your self-assessment via a scale of 4 (strongly agree) to 1 (strongly disagree). For each competency, you’ll find the average and mode.
The ability to generate ideas that are new and novel in comparison to other ideas.
The ability to generate many ideas.
The ability to generate ideas from diverse perspectives.
The ability to play with ideas.
A deep passion for learning new knowledge and skills.
Attraction and comfort with new ideas and experiences.
The degree to which one is confident in their ability to be creative.
Take some time to reflect upon the report by responding to the following prompts. Use grammatically complete sentences and paragraphs so your reader can understand and appreciate the insights.
1. What competencies appear to be strengths? What actions have you taken to foster those competencies (either intentionally or unintentionally).
2. What competencies might benefit from some further development? Make sure you explain why you believe they need further development.
3. Why are you motivated to further develop those competencies? How might doing so enhance your professional development as a businessperson?
A Likert-type scale will be used to self-assess your first reflection. On the self-assessment posted on SLATE, you’ll respond to following prompts with a scale ranging from ‘strongly agree’ to ‘strongly disagree.’
1. I wrote a minimum of one paragraph per reflective prompt (i.e. a minimum of 3 paragraphs).
2. I provided enough contextual information so that anyone can understand and appreciate the insights.
3. I reflected upon the Personal Creativity Report to identify one or two potential strengths.
4. I explained what actions I’ve taken to foster creative strengths (either intentionally or unintentionally).
5. I identified one or two creative competencies that might benefit from further development.
6. I explained why I believe those creative competencies might benefit from further development.
7. I explained what I am motivated to further develop my creativity.
8. I reflected upon how further developing my creativity will enhance my professional development as a businessperson.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more
Our specialists are always online to help you! We are available 24/7 via live chat, WhatsApp, and phone to answer questions, correct mistakes, or just address your academic fears.See our T&Cs