FAct sheet on disabilities
Fact Sheet on Disability Categories Assignment Instructions
The purpose of this Fact Sheet on Disability Categories Assignment is to produce a Fact Sheet that demonstrates your ability to articulate the characteristics of each of the IDEA recognized categories of disabilities. It is important to know and understand each of the disability categories so you recognize the overall strengths and needs of each and can provide a general description to others.
The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) guarantees a free appropriate public education to eligible children with disabilities. It specifically identifies 13 categories of disabilities that are entitled to special education services. The different disability categories under which 3- 21-year-olds are eligible for services are:
· emotional disturbance
· hearing impairment
· intellectual disability
· multiple disabilities
· orthopedic impairment
· other health impairment
· specific learning disability
· speech or language impairment
· traumatic brain injury
· visual impairment (including blindness)
Using relevant reliable websites and your text, you are to construct a Fact Sheet that explains each of the disability categories in terms that are understandable for the general public.
1. Develop the Fact Sheet as if it would be used to educate parents or others in the general public about disabilities that receive special education services.
2. Include an introduction stating the purpose of the fact sheet and the information provided.
3. Each disability category must be fully defined with characteristics described and sources cited. Most information should be paraphrased and stated in terms the general public would understand.
4. A minimum of three sources should be cited and referenced, one of which should be the textbook. Other acceptable sources include disability organization websites or publications, other textbooks, and scholarly journal articles. Any sources cited should have been published within the last five years.
5. A references page must be included.
6. Citations and the references page must be in current APA format.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more
Our specialists are always online to help you! We are available 24/7 via live chat, WhatsApp, and phone to answer questions, correct mistakes, or just address your academic fears.See our T&Cs