Sally is a 43-year-old mother of two who has gained 50 pounds over the past five years. She is 64 inches tall and weighs 180 pounds with a BMI of 30.8. Her waist circumference is 37 inches. She acknowledges that she is not as physically active as she would like to be. She also notes how recent stresses in her life have affected her sleep and seem to have triggered her appetite for sweets. Sally’s father recently died from complications of type 2 diabetes and her mother and sisters are overweight. Sally says she is very motivated to “not get diabetes” and is disturbed that her recent physical exam revealed mildly elevated blood pressure, glucose, and cholesterol levels.
1. How does Sally’s family history influence her weight and risk for diabetes? What lifestyle choices may influence her genetic predisposition to be overweight?
2. Using information in this chapter, what is a reasonable goal weight for Sally? How long would you estimate it would take her to safely lose this amount of weight?
3. What weight-loss strategies may help curb Sally’s stress-related eating?
4. Sally has determined that—to lose weight—she needs to limit her daily caloric intake to 1400 kcalories. Use Table 9-2 and show a one-day plan for meals and snacks that meet her nutritional needs within this calorie level.
5. What are some advantages to Sally keeping a food and exercise record? What other factors besides food intake and physical activity may be useful for Sally to record?
6. Why might strength training be an important addition to Sally’s exercise regimen?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more
Our specialists are always online to help you! We are available 24/7 via live chat, WhatsApp, and phone to answer questions, correct mistakes, or just address your academic fears.See our T&Cs